1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

That GWAR sound...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wicked mr happy, Feb 24, 2002.

1. :confused: what type of pick up does Casey Orr (Beefcake The Mighty) of GWAR use on tracks such as "Happy Death Day," "Immortal Corruptor," and "Anti-Anti-Christ?" I'm looking to start playin bass and I want a bass with similar pickups to his.

Thanks, and Gwar kicks ass

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it when I searched, so here's what I know:

Beef used a Fernandes APB-4 on Carnival of Chaos. I am not sure what he used on Violence Has Arrived, but when they play live, he uses a Washburn (I'm not sure of the model, but it has a sort of an X shape to it). I have also seen him use an Ibanez ICB (Iceman) bass and he recently sold a Fernandes Vertigo model and an Ibanez ATK that he played on the Ragnarok tour.

He uses a pick and I believe he incorporates a bit of distortion into his sound as well.