That Honda Commercial

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah, actually believe it or not, it is. That commercial took over 600 takes. They measured the amount the muffler rolled, and that sort of thing. The wheel will roll like that under the right circumstances. That commercial is great.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very cool commercial. It worked too, I want one of those Accords now.

3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's crazy how circular this stuff is. In the last two days we've had:

1. A new thread about the age-old kidney stealing myth.
    2. A new thread about the old Bush "failure" google bomb.
    3. A new thread about this Honda commercial that was all over the Web about 2 years ago.

What's next? A thread about these hot new basses from some company called "Fender?"

*runs to check 'Basses' forum*

No offense intended freshmeat...just making an observation about the circular nature of a social framework in which newer users are constantly entering and exiting.

brad cook
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Don't forget we also just had one of those innocent-looking-but-curious-thing-that-gets-you-real-close-to-the-screen-and-then-makes-you-piss-your-pants-when-a-zombie-screams-at-you-and-you-get-mad-'cause-you-fell-for-this-when-it-was-a-big-deal-to-do-it-two-years-ago thread.
  5. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    hahahahahahaha yeah someone sent that to me a few weeks ago and got me, merely by virtue of me forgetting all about it.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

7. Actually, you can tell how big the internet has gotten by timing those "echoes". They used to come back around much faster, but as the internet gets bigger, it takes longer for them to reach the edge and reflect back to the starting place.

We live in an expanding internet universe.

8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    There's really some clever marketing going on out there.

But what Randy said is right, chain emails now take 3 days to get back to you instead of 3 hours. :)
  9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  10. Bruce Lindfield

You have to see it dance - very funky!! :)
  11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Waiting for the inevitable "Spiderman is gay" and "dancing hampsters" threads. :D
  12. That's not new?!?!?

13. The centre of the steering wheel remains stationary while you turn the rim. Totally unneccesary but a nice touch.
  14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Might that be to avoid the whole , un allignment problem that pretty much all cars aquire after being driven?
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  17. Bruce Lindfield

The Citroen commercial never made me want to buy one - it just made me want to buy the music they used!! ;)