Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That olp i had broke but. it was under warranty!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StErLiNgBaSsIsT, Nov 3, 2001.

1. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    NYC
    That olp i i bought broke(****ing pickups) but since it was under warranty. They gave me back my money. I ended up using some of that money towards a warwick fna jazz man 5 its better than most warwicks i have played. The only thing i dont like is the flat neck. its a little uncompfortable. but i got used to it. But than when i make a switch to my four sting (my sterling) than my wrist hurts like hell.

Peace

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Maybe the OLP pickups are deliberately crappy because they expect a lot of people to upgrade them with aftermarket pickups.

...a great way to create a demand for a line of replacement pickups, don't you think?

Congrats on the Warwick.

3. Geeee.....be a sport ,go out and buy another OLP!!!!
    :D :mad:

4. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    NYC
    dude i have 2 sterling 4 strings. I dont wanna buy a fake musicman. I also have a cheap hondo bass that sounds great. Now a days cheap basses have been making great sound. But thats not the story for an olp. you get what you pay for. My rule is if its under 500 bucks dont bother it sucks. And i like my warwick 5 string better. and the electronics in the olps suck too

5. Why did you buy it then, if you have all of these rules against a cheap bass, and also already have 2 Sterlings? Doesn't make much sense to me. You already have 2 really great basses. Anyways, congrats on thw Warwick!

jtbp

6. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    NYC
    I have a hondo cheap bass its great. The olp i had really sucked nuts. it just had bad pickups i thought it was gonna be like the bassline by seymour duncan pickups in it just like the real musicmans. But i bought it because i needed a 5 string and i didn't wanna bust out 1700 on a bass at the local store called the music den.

OH AND YES IF ANYONE IS TO BUY A OLP NEVER BUY ONE FROM SAM ASH THEY WILL **** IT UP EVEN WORSE. SAM ASH ****S EVERYTHING UP

7. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    How old do you have to be to get a job at the music den ?

8. Sterling Bassist...
    I just assumed you were talking about a 4 string and not a five, as you never said what one you bought. Looks like you spent the big money on a five anyways. Good choice.

jtbp

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how about 1 thread about the OLP basses, huh? :rolleyes:

10. Well, compared to another post I saw by you, this one was pretty mature

11. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    NYC
    gman the musicden is in nj not indiana

12. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    :( :rolleyes:

13. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That wasn't the purpose of Gman's question.
    In paraphrase--

HoW OlD dO yOu HaVe To Be To GeT a JoB aT tHe MuSiC dEn?

14. StErLiNgBaSsIsT

StErLiNgBaSsIsT Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    NYC
    you hafta be atleast 15 to work there that job is for for stocking shelves. I dont work there i used to. I didn't like it at all. Like i said i now work at nj guitar and bass center

15. So young.. so naive.. damn that rap-music :D

16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    This thread reminds me -- what ever happened to benjamintowle?

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:D