That One Guy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by c-ba55, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Totally by luck last night, I saw That One Guy. Just went to the club becuase it's usually free on Monday. Surprised to have to pay $5, but pleased because I saw That One Guy. Maybe some of you remember reading about him in Bass Player. That's how I'd heard of him. He built this contraption that looks vaguely like a harp, made of pipe, but it just has one string, on the pipe (using the pipe as a fingerboard). Actually there's two strings, along two different sections of pipe. He plays this with hands and with bow, loops himself, has a kick drum trigger, a snare drum he hits with whatever he can, a saw he has equipped with a pickup, and he sings. And breakdances(!) Very cool to see him doing all this, and contorting himself to hit effects or other triggers.
  2. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Here's hoping THIS is the guy to replace Carrot-Top on those AT&T long distance commercials!
  3. That guy is awesome! DOes anyone know his name?
  4. I haven't seen him yet, but I definately want to. People like him make music interesting.
    If he did do the AT&T commercials, it'd be cool if he played out the C-A-L-L-A-T-T that would make me want to call collect, all the time!

and save my friends a buck or two (oh wait....that's 1-800-collect)
  5. He does do little commercials on MTV2. Its pretty amazing what he can do.