That Rockbass Streamer growl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Dec 14, 2004.

1. All you rockbass streamer owners, do you find that your bass purrrrrrrrrs? I find that mine has a really mellow, burpy growl. I was fiddling with my new amp's EQ and got a really growly sound. It's less agressive and mroe mellow than the thumb. Does a Rockbass really have a tone all its own?
  2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I noticed the same thing with my old German Warwick Streamer Std. Same general Warwick tone but less aggressive no question. Sounded great nonetheless.
  3. Is it something to do with the Carolena body/pickups?
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    It may well be the pickups, i recall everyone who owned and reviewed them said they were very low output, mine included. I believe their lower output led to a less aggressive sound since there's less inherent distortion in the lower signal. Or so I think said the fool....
  5. U may well be correct. My thumb has a VERY high output, and it distorts and growls a little too much for some stuff, but there's always the thing called the volume knob.
  6. I've got two Rockbasses - a Corvette and a Streamer.

The Streamer has a much rounder, warmer tone with plenty of mids and mid-lows - and yes, very low output.

I prefer the tone of the Streamer to the Corvette - I think it's sweet :D

In contrast, the Corvette is very bright, nice mids, and accentuated highs.

The Streamer is waaay heavier than the Corvette too, compared to Alder - that Carolena weighs a ton!