Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That sad clown song

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LukeMan970, Mar 1, 2006.

1. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    In the simpons episode (the only place i can think of it) this season where they go to italy to get mr. burns' car, they meet up with sideshow bob and towards the end they're in that play with the sad clown. Does anyone know the name of that song that sideshow bob is singing when he's dressed like the clown and trying to kill the simpsons?

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Clowns freak me out. It think of 'Pennywise' from that Stephen King novel, or John Wayne Gacy...yikes! Run away!

3. I think you might be talking about Stephen Sondheim's song as sung by Judy Collins, (thanks Google) "Send In the Clowns". Wasn't it also sung by Krusty the Clown in an episode?
    Doh!
    Dirk

4. It was in the Krusty vs Gabbo episode, during the comeback special.

5. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.
    I always liked "Send in the Clowns" song. Sinatra did a great version of it.

6. I don't recall the episode you're talking about, but there's an opera that centers on the character of a tragic clown. I don't know much about opera, but I looked this up.

Pagliacci by Ruggero Leocavallo -- Tragic clown

So you could try looking for soundclips from that, I suppose.

7. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    yeah I know that episode, thats the song you're looking for. ^

8. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Do you guys know the specific song from that opera that is the one being sung? I found the soundtrack but none of the short demo clips that i've sound like the one that sideshow bob what singing.