Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That was football!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by indolent, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Man, I think the niners should always not have a lead in the forth, because when they don't they really seem to rock. For all that saw that game, that was one of the closest and most exciting games ever for sure. I watched the whole thing, even when we were down so much, and the niners really pulled through and made me a happy man indeed.:)

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Boy, the Giants choked BIG TIME! How in the hell do you blow a 24 point lead in the 4th quarter?! They looked like Linda Lovelace in the 4th quarter!

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That was some crazy action at the end of the game. Watching all the Giants lose their cool was kinda sad. At the point when they seemed to have gave up, they still had the lead. I think if they had composed themselves and buckled down, they could have stuck it out.

(BTW- Linda Lovelace... lol.)

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Amazing... especially the last play.

BTW I don't think they choked... they were overrated.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Especially Jason Harmon.....er, I mean Sehorn.

6. If anything, the Giants in the forth quarter reminded me of the niners last week, and how they blew a big loss in a relatively short time. Though, I am not complaining at all now.:D

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I bumped your other thread about the Niners back up. Whether they won or lost!:cool: :cool: :eek:

8. Man, today's game was the kind of game that reminds you why you love your team. Very refreshing indeed. I am so excited that we pulled through in the forth, it really showed how the niners are building off of problems they have had in the past. That was one of the main reasons why I was frustrated last week, because I felt like they were not learning from their mistakes. They sure showed me, and I could not be happier about it. :) :D :cool: :)

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    The last minute of play-time of that game was one of the best minutes of pro football I've ever seen. The Giants really killed themselves with those two personal fouls offsetting the fouls from Terrell Owens.

10. the 49ers deserved to win with that comeback. I cant stand the giants, especially that Shockey guy.

11. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    I must say Sunday and Friday had some great finishes 1st Friday When Ohio St. won the National Championship. I must say that was the greatest non-Nebraska Cornhusker game I have ever seen in college football (obvious Nebraska Bias) Then today the Browns blew a huge lead and lost in to the Steelers. I do not really dislike any teams in the Giants and the niners game. So it was very exciting. Its sad to think either team will just end up losing to the Buccaneers this Sunday! :D

Bucs vs Niners

Bucs 21
    Niners 13

12. only if the Bucs can put points on the board. the defense will do their job,but that offense is questionable

13. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I would of watched but I was watching Canada getting beat by Russia. :(

14. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    What a football weekend!! I actually found myself rooting for the Ohio State Buckeyes for the first time EVER (hey, I went to Univ. of Michigan. I'm supposed to hate Ohio State).

Then the two comeback games...

Plaxico Burress (Michigan State, wife's alma mater)) is instrumental in the Steelers comeback.

Then in the Giants - Niners game, Amani Toomer (UofM) was just tearin' it up with 3 TDs. Then Tai Streets (UofM) catches the winning touchdown!

Almost as fun as last year when Charles Woodson (UofM) thought he'd caused Tom Brady (UofM) to fumble.

Anyway, GREAT FOOTBALL WEEKEND!!

Peace,

James

15. i believe your tagline more and more every day.

16. Great football weekend, for sure. Even better if you bet on the underdogs.

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    *meow*

Jealous?
    :D

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Of course not!!!!

well maybe a little.

19. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    It takes a big woodchuck to admit that

;)

20. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    If the Giants hadn't gotten stupid and retaliated, they would have had 30 yards on the kickoff.

And if the placeholder had spiked the ball, they could've had another attempt.