1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

That Wolstenholme Sound.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ste_m3, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    All i really wanted to find out is if anyone knows what Muse's chris wolstenholme uses to get that sort of buzz distortion that hes famous for? im currently playing an epiphone les paul bass - can i re-create that sound?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Man has it been a week already

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    *sighs with exasperation*

4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I've heard that he uses a great new bass that goes from fretted to fretless at the flick of a switch!!!~1

5. <sarcasm> oh man, could you post a video of that cool bass in action </sarcasm> geez. i've actaulyl never seen those shots of his board for some reason, cool stuff.

6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan

Hey man- welcome aboard n all. don't be put off by some of the above posts. It's just one of those questions that comes up on a very very regular basis, along with cliff burton, big muffs, timmy c's pedal board and the effect on sir psycho sexy.
    Try the search button at the top right hand corner of the page.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    +1 but this subject is very controvertial as everytime it's mentioned a barrage of wrong effects are said, do a search you will find lots of threads there was one less than a week ago on the same subject, the main thing is an Akai Deep Impact and his actual playing style, most of the other effects you can cop using things he's (Chris) never even heard of.

Cheers

8. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    agreed-
    I heard all of his sounds can be reproduced with a standard Tuvan goat herder.