1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

that's a lot knobs...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dunamis, Oct 7, 2004.

1. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I'm considering adding a Tech21 Bass Compactor, but with an active bass, SABDDI, *and* the EQ features on the Bass Comapctor, I'm not sure if I know how to set up all those tone controls!

How do you set tone shaping and EQ when you have various ones in the effects chain?

2. well, i would start with setting everything flat. i would play with the EQ first to get a decent sound, then play with the SABDDI, to add a little more of whatever you like, and i would leave the bass flat, and then when you play a gig, you can use the bass for a boost or cut...that way you have the eq at your fingertips, rather than going to your EQ or SABDDI.

just keep in mind thats how i would do it. someone else might come along and say something different, and you may (in the end) do something completly different.
    I would say experiment a little, maybe start with my idea, or someone else's, and then go from there!

Godd luck

Charlie