Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

that's a lot knobs...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dunamis, Oct 7, 2004.

1. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I'm considering adding a Tech21 Bass Compactor, but with an active bass, SABDDI, *and* the EQ features on the Bass Comapctor, I'm not sure if I know how to set up all those tone controls!

How do you set tone shaping and EQ when you have various ones in the effects chain?

2. well, i would start with setting everything flat. i would play with the EQ first to get a decent sound, then play with the SABDDI, to add a little more of whatever you like, and i would leave the bass flat, and then when you play a gig, you can use the bass for a boost or cut...that way you have the eq at your fingertips, rather than going to your EQ or SABDDI.

just keep in mind thats how i would do it. someone else might come along and say something different, and you may (in the end) do something completly different.
    I would say experiment a little, maybe start with my idea, or someone else's, and then go from there!

Godd luck

Charlie