Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thats funk!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by air_leech, Jan 10, 2001.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

hey fellow bassists, any of you familiar with a computer game from around '95-'96 called Interstate '76?

why am I asking? this game had a recorded soundtrack featuring best instrumental funk ever laid down!
    anyone knows what I'm talking about?

btw, I recommend buying this game to all of you, even if you are not into computer games (it's a fine game too), because it features a cd with the soundtrack and it's a must if you like funk or just admire groovey bass lines and probably you can get it for a few dollars since it's old.

2. HELL YEAH!!!

i love that funk!! used to have the game... don´t anymore :(

it was a nice game... and I think I have the sound.wav or something somewhere... :)

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah! I had it too and I loved it!!...And The_Bass..TELL ME if you find it!

4. ok... I found it... :þ

it´s music.wav... only 1 min. or something... but I want that game back!

5. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

whats going with you people? it had a full soundtrack!
    not just the theme and the music from the menu!

theres a whole soundtrack and it also came out on a cd!

I got a "reissue" (hehe) of that game which came in a double jewel case and a sleeve. while one cd is the game the other has one folder and some 12 (I think) funky tracks not exceeding 3:50 Mins. cost me around 10$ in a supermarket!

the game was like a bonus for me because it was the music I was after!

poor thing that old directx3 is not compatible with my (relativley) new machine. oh well...who cares...got what I was looking for.

6. I'm a big fan of I76. The story, the characters, the music, the cars, the whole concept. I love it. Everything is taken from action-tv-series from the seventies.

The music is written by Arion Salazar and performed by his sideproject Bullmark. I even found his homepage at www.arionsalazar.com/audio_bullmark.html

His main band (i think) is "Third eye blind" which plays quite soft, laidback rock. Totaly different from the I76 soundtrack.

7. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    Thanks Dudemeister for incarnating this thread.

the game says that the music was supplied by Game Studios or something like that which had a link from the activision site, but....CDDB always mentioned the name Bullmark whenever I played it on media player.

anyway, this guy is one helluva bass player, I must say I'm quite amazed its the same guy from a teen pop group where the bass does nothing more intresting than in Travis (at least from the two only Third Eye Blind songs I heard some three years ago).

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    dude that game ruled. I remember a few years ago I used to just play that game for the music. And the graphics weren't too bad, too. What was cool about the game was that you get that nice American '69 muscle car goin' on then go to the ramp and fly into the air....WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

:D