Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That's it. I'm done!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xyllion, Mar 4, 2003.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Shipping basses that is.

The stress of packing and then waiting for the bass to travel across country is just too much for me.

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yeah, I hate shipping basses, but heavy amps are worse.

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I am glad that this is your issue. From the title of your post I thought you might quit playing bass.

FWIW I too hate shipping gear.

Dan

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Oh no, never done playing! I've got a Turner Electroline coming in from the Dude that I can't wait to play. I've got a Lakland here that will never leave my possession. Yea, playing helps me live.

I tell you though. I seriously stress out whenever I ship anything. Shipping a bass is like the worst for me. My entire body tenses up and I just feel awful. I just can't do it any more.

5. I just had to send a bass back to the factory for replacement and with the box and packing job i did you would think i was shipping a water heater! That and it is so expensive, it's around $35 with insurance for just ground shipping.:(

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    $35 for shipping and insurance isn't bad when you consider the value of your investment. Still it is a PITA to ship a bass.

xyllion: don't scare me like that again ;)

Dan

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Sorry man, I get a little overdramatic sometimes.

8. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I just sold one...and my stress is waiting for UPS to FINALLY come and get it out of my house! I'm more worried about my kids running it over than what UPS will do to it (not really--but I was trying to be funny)

I hate shipping them too.

9. yeah its pretty crappy worrying about your bass getting thrown around.

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    xyllion...you'd hate my job, I shipped 9 basses, 3 amps, and a cabinet yesterday...

:eek:

;)

...today's just started, already have one bass with a (yo)U P(eople) S(uck) label on it...

:D

11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    *LOL* Guess that is why I earn my living working on computers. The only reason I ship anything at all is because of the dreaded disease known as GAS. :D

12. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    GAS??? oh...you won't run into ANY of that on TalkBass...:D :D :D

the worst part of this kind of GAS is I can't blame it on the daggon dog anymore:eek: