Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That's one big fish!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Those sunfish are the craziest looking fish! It seems like they would be slow, I wonder how they get away from sharks.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wow. That's some crazy trash. Makes you wonder what kind of stuff is lurking way down there at the bottom

*fade in Call of the Cutulu....*

So what's the deal with checking out New Zealand's news? You going to bust out with some Austrailian politics talk in the Lobby just to impress Mark?

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I actually pilfered it from my fav gaming site... Some of the gang are quite impressive individuals... smart, educated, others are.... merely game heads w/ no life. It's easy to spot which is which.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, huge sunfish are a great litmus test. ;)

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, it kinda is, huh...

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    :eek: holy crap, I would freak out if I was swimming and that thing came up next to me.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive been snorkelling and had rays just as big or nearly as big swim right over me.

Then again rays are just living pancakes with a tail, that thing is friken massive!

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

In the midwest USA, we call it "noodlin"

[​IMG]

9. Rickbass, dats sum goouood etin... uck!

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    what's with all the fish threads!?!!!111 :mad: :bawl:

11. rickbass

Believe it or not, Fetch, that ain't one of the biggest.

These jokers go out into lakes in places like Oklahoma lakes, reach their hands into holes in the banks and come up with suckers like this -

[​IMG]

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Gross.

Also Whales are bigger... so there.

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    the Monterrey aquarium had a pretty sizable Sunfish in with their tuna last time we were there. They definitely are a weird looking creature, especially in the water.

[​IMG]

I've seen some really big Ray's, eagle and manta, diving in Key West, those are some of my favorite aquatic denizens.

14. rickbass

Aren't whales "mammals" ???

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have ya'll ever seen a jewfish? Those suckers get massive and they have these enormous mouths that look like the could swallow you right up. They had some at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi.

brad cook

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Jeez, seeing fish that are massive that are usually small is weird.

17. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I remember a picture my parents had from when I was a little fellow- standing beside one bigging stinking grouper. Those things get HUGE! looking for pics now...

this isn't our pic, but seems like that's about the size of the Jewfish I remember
    [​IMG]