1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The 10-degree hat tilt.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Can someone please give me a logical reason for this. You know what I'm talking about, the kids that wear their hats tilted slighty up and then rotated roughly 10 degrees in either direction.

Does anyone here wear their hat like this or knows someone who does? I would be dying to know exactly why. A serious answer though, none of these "because they are brain damaged" answers.

2. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    and.....

answer the pants below the buttocks question as well

inquiring minds want to know

al

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Most of my hats' bills are curved so they're lower on the right side due to the sun being to my right most of the time I'm working outdoors. Then when wearing sunglasses, I'm forced to move the hat a bit to the right to block out the sun. This is why *MY* hats are crooked, the rest of the world looks like dumbasses.

4. "If it doesn't hurt, it's not fashion" Or failing hurt, be foolish, or impractical.

Sensible, practical, comfortable? Bah! that's what parents and teachers wear.

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Rather than pointless I'd call it a throwback to tribal identity. It's a uniform piece for the informal "culture" with which it's identified. It grants a sense of solidarity to (and with) that group of individuals. Kind of like leather jackets and safety pin earrings with punks, khakis and button down shirts with IT professionals, a certain level of dressing up with ladies of society. These are all unspoken dress codes which in general are required when associating with these groups as a peer.

It's not pointless. You just don't identify with it because you are not part of that group. Since you are part of a different group, seeing that stuff makes you annoyed. It's just human nature and probably has its roots in a survival mechanism.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Kids just like to look stupid.

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    This is the kind of answer I'm looking for.

8. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    coming from a 15 y/o who hates hats (i have a semi afro which works well w/ me being a bassist)

tipped hats a sure sign of a "bro" (a person who likes Vitamin Water, and such bro bands as Dave Matthews or the new artist Shwayze)

hope this helps :D

9. :D who cares, though, seriously?
    your parents said it about you. their parents said it about them.

as for a serious answer, msquared nailed it.

10. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    You know, I have a ton on students that rock the "slanted, FLAT BILLED hat;" and I say, to quote the great film The Big Lebowski, "8 year olds, dude, eight year olds..."

11. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    EU
    This.

frank%20sinatra%203.

12. hahaha well played, sir.
    what a fashion-challenged young whippersnapper.

13. There was substitute teacher in my school district back home who used to work as a prison guard before he turned into a grumpy old man. He said that the sagging pants came from prison where it meant that you were willing for......well......you know......Bubba.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Fashion.

15. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Trend.

I believe that originated in San Quentin, but I'm not positive on that.

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Fashion is a trend, trends are fashion. :confused:

17. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    It's how all the kids wear them on the little bus. Not really, it's just fashion.

18. jon118

jon118

Apr 19, 2008
    I saw someone like this in my econ. class last week. I kid you not his hat made at least two full rotations around his head by the time class was over. I guess people just don't realize what a hat is for anymore.

19. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Keep the word "douchebag" out of this discussion please.

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    The Mullet of the today's generation :p