Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The 11 string at the White House

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Al Caldwell, May 28, 2005.

1. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    I'm playing with the Washington Symphony. We're playing "America the Beautiful" and "With You I'm Born Again". It should Air this Sunday at
    8 pm-9:30 pm on PBS. It's called the "2005 National Memorial Concert".
    My 11 string bass still sounds better than any bass that i've ever owned.
    It may be the bass wood or the chamber or the mass but it has the tightest Low F# in the WORLD! Leaving in the morning! Al Caldwell

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    [big grin]

That's awesome Al! Be the ERB ambassador!

3. can't wait to see it!

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    awesome al, congrats. :hyper:

5. The 11 string at the White House ! How cool is that ?! Congrats , Al . I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm watching for ya bro! I thinK i missed your songs, I tuned in at Quarter to 9. I hope not though!
    Congratulations! One day i'll be well known enough to do something like that. It's my dream, so i'm working towards it!

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Why did I not see this thread until now?! :(

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    what a way to be in the history books... the first cat that played a 11'er in the while house!

9. You're kidding, right? It's a little known fact the President Teddy Roosevelt plinked his 11 string dream in the China Room...during his term, the room was renamed 'The Broken Dish Room'. He also was instrumental in developing the Electric Flugelhorn and the internets.

/Clavin

10. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    They didnt show me on television because it was really about our military. It was a great honor. That bass turns heads wherever it goes.
    The National Symphony sounded fantastic. I played for A Tribute to Sesame Street yesterday.I met Elmo and Bert and Ernie and friends. The Sesame Street band has been on that gig for 25 years.I played behind Vanessa and we played "OOh Child" with Elmo. All of the muppets took
    a picture with my daughter. That was one of the best gig's that i've ever been on. Al

11. any pics of you with your bass and the sesame street gang?

12. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    Vanessa took pictures. If I get some pictures ,i'll post them. Al

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    please do.