1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The 1980's and Classic Rock Riffs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jimbob, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    My Tribute band asked me to work up a solo...I am considering a medley of popular basslines from the 1980's / classic rock as that is what we play as a band....I know it's all been done before but I want to keep it entertaining for the audience by playing some licks people will recognize. Any suggestions? I've been so excited about this but I am having a hard time getting started...I run out of ideas after Rush and zeppelin :meh: If you don't mind, toss a suggestion of some cool hooks, lines, whatever my way so I can start putting something together....I would like to stay within the theme of the band so I would like to avoid riffs from current artists.

Thanks!

2. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    Trying to post the links. they didn't work. Anyway, there are some cool bass files in Guitar Pro format at www.mysongbook.com -- one that's 50's, one for 60s, one for the 70s, one for the 80s-90s. You might get some ideas. Hopefully you have Guitar Pro ?