Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The 2004 Winter NAMM Hanewinckel!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jan 30, 2004.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    On display in the Bartolini booth, here's Pete's Draken Signature 6. Note the wenge knobs. The bass has piezo bridge saddles and sounds, well, downright amazing! :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I like that shape and the detail on the back of the headstock is nice.

Cliff

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Whoa... That looks pretty sweet. The tuners don't really do it for me (from the back), but it could be the light reflecting. Man I wish I could go to NAMM...

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Is that the one you showed me Carl? :)

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, Jared. The one you saw at my shack was my Draken Pro. Mine doesn't have the piezo option or the fancy knobs. And it's a 7 piece lam neck while the Signature is 9. Pic of my Draken below:

[​IMG]

6. Very cool bass, Carl. I really dig the looks and the neck of that bass is stunning. Do you know what woods he used for it?

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I believe the neck is bubinga with maple and wenge stringers. The fingerboard is also wenge. This from memory, I'll have to check tonight for the email where Pete described all the woods. The top is quilted maple with a wenge "slice" and the body is alder...I think! :meh:

8. Do you have any more pics? Especially of that GST neck joint?

- Dave

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Very nice! I'm very curious about the set-neck construction.

10. Pete calls it Glued-Screwed-and-Tattooed. The neck is glued in, and also screwed in for additional strength. The screws are then covered with wood plugs and sanded flush. I'm thinking about getting that on my next bass.

- Dave

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup, my upcoming Signature 7 has the new neck attachment. I believe you can definitely hear a difference when compared to the older bolt-on.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've got a few more pics. I'll dig 'em out and get 'em up here and over at the MSN group.

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This from Pete, "It's a Signature 6 GST w/ RMC piezo bridge p/u's. Bubinga/Maple/Wenge 9 pc. neck w/ Wenge FB; Quilted Maple on Alder w/ a Wenge mid lam. Draken body shape."