Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the 3 avaible Fender pickup sets

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rowan_Jazz_Head, Nov 11, 2003.

1. I was on basspartsresource.com looking at what jazz pickups to get as I am investing in a mexican Jazz and only plan on changing the pickups and bridge (as I believe those to be the weak aspects of the mex standards) anyway, I know pretty much what I want pickup wise...I want The Jazz bass Fender tone and I want passive pickups witch install easy and they must be passive. I have pretty much narrowed it down to three and were wondering people's opinions on them:

Fender: ORIGINAL
    JAZZ BASS
    PICKUP SET

Fender: NOISELESS
    JAZZ BASS
    PICKUPS SET

Fender: CUSTOM SHOP
    JAZZ BASS PICKUPS SET

so what do you people think?
    thanks, rowan.

2. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Change both pickups. You want your two pickups to hum-cancel. You won't regret it. Besides, an individual pick is more than half the price of a pair. I own one bass with the noisless pickups, and another with the Custom Shop pickups. Both are great, but I thick the Custom Shop is what you want. I've owned the Original pickups and I think they aren't lively enough. Very dull. The Custom Shops are slightly over wound and have more punch. You can find sets for $90-100. My Noiless pickups sound great with my Aggie preamp, but they aren't as impressive passive.

Music123.com has a great price and cheap shipping on the Custom Shops.