1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the 3 avaible Fender pickup sets

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rowan_Jazz_Head, Nov 11, 2003.

1. I was on basspartsresource.com looking at what jazz pickups to get as I am investing in a mexican Jazz and only plan on changing the pickups and bridge (as I believe those to be the weak aspects of the mex standards) anyway, I know pretty much what I want pickup wise...I want The Jazz bass Fender tone and I want passive pickups witch install easy and they must be passive. I have pretty much narrowed it down to three and were wondering people's opinions on them:

Fender: ORIGINAL
    JAZZ BASS
    PICKUP SET

Fender: NOISELESS
    JAZZ BASS
    PICKUPS SET

Fender: CUSTOM SHOP
    JAZZ BASS PICKUPS SET

so what do you people think?
    thanks, rowan.

2. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Change both pickups. You want your two pickups to hum-cancel. You won't regret it. Besides, an individual pick is more than half the price of a pair. I own one bass with the noisless pickups, and another with the Custom Shop pickups. Both are great, but I thick the Custom Shop is what you want. I've owned the Original pickups and I think they aren't lively enough. Very dull. The Custom Shops are slightly over wound and have more punch. You can find sets for $90-100. My Noiless pickups sound great with my Aggie preamp, but they aren't as impressive passive.

Music123.com has a great price and cheap shipping on the Custom Shops.