The 9 String WISH BASS!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Oct 15, 2005.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

From the site:
    "Nine string, fanned fret, guitar/bass, Maple neck and fingerboard,
    Walnut body, very playable... the long arch from the body to the peghead adds stability to the neck, and provides a place to mount a strap button at the balance point."

"Close up of bridge and pickup..intonation is quite good, however if you plant to play nine string chords above the 12th fret, I will be glad to mount adjustable bridges."

2. oh lord. it doesn't even look like he can keep a file straight, the body looks all bumpy and rough.
  3. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Wow, the string through holes are actually lined up, unheard of quality from Wish. Pickup angle looks wierd and using the crappy bridge on a 9 string instrument is just a joke. Oh dear.
  4. I'd hit it. http://www.[malware url removed].com/smilies/party/party0049.gif
  5. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    That headstock actually works on that Wish ... as far as Wishes go thats pretty good
  6. you know, i think i'll got out on a limb and say that i like it...i wouldn't spend half as much as wish is asking for it, but i like it better than what he usually comes out with...
  7. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    looks like one of those weapons the wookies had in that last star wars movie
  8. Did he buy a novax board to put on there? Hmmm?
  9. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Do the strings looks like guitar strings to anyone but me? If this beast does not have two truss rods that attached upper horn is'nt going to do jack squat in keeping the neck stable.
  10. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    I bet he put the fanned frets in just so he would have an excuse for not routing the pickup "cavity" straight :ninja:
  11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    What the hell does that mean??? If the intonation is quite good, why would you need to (or be able to) adjust the bridge when playing chords above the 12th fret???

12. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like it :bag: I wonder what it plays like....
  13. Aw man, why did I waste all my money on a Dingwall?!!!
  14. Mule 1

Mule 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Hi, anyone out there know anything about the Mag 10 Guitar ? Mark Yaskoweak from California ? His web site is no longer running and Google doesn't show much. Help ! :crying:
  15. Is Wish using truss rods?
  16. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    nope still using that baseball design.
  17. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Why the hell doesn't this guy get his act together? I think some of his ideas are great, if he would just put 15% more effort into them. It doesn't take a genius to rout a cavity correctly.
  18. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
  19. weeding

May 17, 2005
    It is ugly and should burn in bass hell. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

On a positive note; When a fighting game comes out and you can use bass guitars to fight with, I know which one I'll be using...
  20. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    This is a phrase that no one has ever uttered.