1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Accugroove cabinets are ideal for Upright Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Barcza, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    Now I use a GK MB combo, I like it, but I plan to upgrade to Acoustic Image head and some very good and small cab. The accugroove Tri 110 or Tri 112 are intresting for me, all the reviews are say they are real hi-end. But I didn't find any judgement from Upright players. I'm afraid about the 2, not adjustable tweaters. The cabs I used before I allways turn down the tweeter when I play Acoustic. But maybe the Accogroove is different. Did you try this cabs with Acoustic Bass? (sorry for the english)

2. wingnut

wingnut

Apr 18, 2007
    Las Vegas Nv.
    Your english seems fine to me, I have not played my upright through accugrooves. There was a player here in my area that used them. He used the 12 inch models and they sounded pretty good. Other good ones are Euphonic Audio (what I use), Epiphani, Aguilar, Eden, there are others also that people use, but I have not heard those particular cabinets. Good Luck in your search.

3. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    I also use the EA cabs. Upright and electric.I compared the EA Wizzy 12 M-Line to the Accugroove cabinet at Lakland's factory The EA sounded much better. So much that they ordered one for their Namm booth. The M-Line is the best upright cab that I've ever used. And the Wizzy 10 is great too.

4. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    What was the different beetwen the Accugroove and the EA, when you compared? The EA has more warmth, clarity, volume, tautness? I'm inquiring.

5. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I use my El Whappo for upright all the time, very clean and clear.

6. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I prefer the sound of the EA cabinets to the Accugroove as well. The Accugroove cabs had an overemphasis on low end, presumably to overcome the lack of that in slabs, that made by DB sound boomy and unnatural.

They are excellent cabinets and if you can audition one against the EA Wizzy M line 12 I'd suggest it.

7. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    There are no dealers for EA in my country, and in europe only dealers in UK and north Germany the shipping and the hungarian (highest in Europe) tax will make them too pricey for me. Epifani is has hungarian dealer with good prices.

8. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    The Tri-110L also has the overemphasis on low end?

9. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've not heard an Accugroove. The Euphonic are quite a bit better than your typical 2-way box (which I find to be variations on the same crappy theme, and I usually prefer them with the tweeter off even with electric bass), but the EA prices are crazy. Check into the Acmebass cabinets.