1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Acoustic Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Owl, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I am fairly certain that that information is given earlier in this very thread. When I get a chance to do a little research I’ll look for it and re-post it.

2. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I'll do a scroll back, I think you're right.

3. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Hey @billgoodwin what have you got loaded into that 106 cab? Are those JBLs? If so, which ones, and how do you like that rig?

I've got a 370 also, and am picking up a 106 this weekend. I've got a pair of E140s...

ghostinthemach likes this.
  4. ghostinthemach

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I’ll bet Bill’s are the original Altec black dot domes. Standard equipment at the time.

Count Bassie likes this.
  5. ghostinthemach

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    @Count Bassie , this is your internal dimensions for ACC cabs. There’s a link in this thread to the page below in the Unofficial Acoustic site. Here’s a screenshot I had in my phone: E123BA0D-36AD-42BA-AB24-C69D6FCE346D.

Count Bassie and StingRay85 like this.
  6. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
  7. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    So according to those numbers, the E140s will feel just a tad tight in that just a tad small box... but I can add a little low end with a ported 210 daisy-chained along-with, if needed... the 210 has 6" deep ports and gives up a nice little low-end bump. I use it at reggae gigs, I put it near the drummer and point it at him. Keeps him nice and off my case! PA handles the low-down out front.

Smiles all around, I think.

8. ghostinthemach

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    If you’re after more low-end after installing the JBLs maybe a port adjustment might be useful/do-able.
    Worth investigating maybe?

Count Bassie likes this.
  9. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    Acoustic sighting
    I always known that John McVie used Acoustice rigs. Im doing research for a band Im joining and happy to see some reminders. An accomplished and experienced bassist playing an Alembic through a "muddy horn with no midrange"...

Video links below the screen shot.
    EDIT: Screen Shot downsized...

upload_2018-7-12_17-57-38.

You have to look carefully in this video but the sound is pretty good for an old video so you can hear him!
    EDIT: Wrong video (fixed)!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  10. ghostinthemach

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I was in an awesome Fleetwood Mac Tribute called Mirage a few years back. Did tons of research for it. Don’t know if anybody else knows how rare it is to see Lindsey Buckingham play with a pick or plectrum as shown in that first vid.

11. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    I recall reading a quote, (I think attributed to Christine) that early on, Mick often pressed him to use a pick, and that it was a source of contention.

*and by the way, I would love to try a gig like that sometime. I have hung on practically every note McVie ever played at one time or another. What a monster.

12. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Sounds possoble for sure. Only thing, now I'm looking at not being able to do the 106. Yep, it's a good deal, but I got laid off work a week ago and, lol, it's caught up to me. Also I've got an E140 in a tuned box, and the bassy 210. It's not as if I'm in need of a cab, I just want it!
    I have to pony up for band space rental, other stuff...
    I might have to skip it... dengit...

13. shadven

shadven

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock therefore I am.
    I just traded an Ampeg B-18 for a Acoustic 360/361. The rig is in really great condition. The pots are a little noisy and I think it needs a once over to get it into gigable shape. I have always wanted one of these Marshall slayers.

14. StingRay85

StingRay85

Dec 18, 2011
    Seems like a great trade. Pics?

Count Bassie likes this.
  15. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Total score.

shadven likes this.
  16. StingRay85

StingRay85

Dec 18, 2011
    270 rocking the K140. Killer combo

Count Bassie and ghostinthemach like this.
  17. ghostinthemach

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I thought so.

18. stetterhawk

stetterhawk

Jan 16, 2018
    I have been working on older 140 Acoustic Bass head and the more I work on it the more I want to learn about the Acoustic Amps. I see in an older post a link to this site:

http://acoustic.homeunix.net/twiki/bin/view/Acoustic/WebHome

but it is dead now. Anyone have sites with more information about the Older Acoustic Amps?

19. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
  20. stetterhawk

stetterhawk

Jan 16, 2018
    great link thanks

ghostinthemach and Count Bassie like this.