The AG 500-112C ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by simongpaez, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Any comments on the The AG 500-112C ??
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Simon, how's my (sorry, your) MTD doing? I miss it terribly, all the time, except of course when I am slapping a low C# on my Sadowsky's B String, then I seem to cheer right up.

I never liked the AG500 series compared to the tube driven Aggie stuff. I have the DB680 that I got from David Wilson here on TB, and run it through a GS410. Having loved it so much, I'm pickin up a DB750, and might want to get rid of my DB680 preamp to finance the switch. PM me bro.

About the 112... I used my preamp originally with two GS112's and grew to dislike the natural scoop that is inherent in this cabinet. It sounds fat and pillowy on record, but I personally found that I coudn't cut through the bands I was playing with. If I were you, I might get ahold of a GS410 to boot and go nuts with Aguilar!! But for small gigs or in the living room, the GS210 is no dog either. Hope this helps.
  3. I have used the AG500 (dual channel) and I quiet liked it- Running a Fender MIA Jazz bass through an Aguilar GS210 it sounded great, warm and punchy with load of head room that you could feel. I have read in a few reviews the Hi Mid and Low Mid adjustments dont seem to do much and would tend to agree withthat. However, no matter what your running the amp on it sounds great and clearly has the power to deliver.

As for the Cabinet / Combo, I cant really comment on that, as I havent used either.
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Simongpaez, I have loved my aggie gs112's for years and today I tried out the ag500112sc alone and with and extension gs112. I also recently tried and old ampeg protaflex? tube amp with a 15" loved that smoothe sound. I don't remember my impression of aguilar tube sound, but I CAN tell you the ag500sc and ag500 and ag500-112sc sound warm punchy and nicer than my RBI/Stewart rack that I own. its ALOT lighter than the tube stuff from aggie, I'm not dissing the sound, but I can't remember it....

other comments...I did not lift the combo, but I loved the sound and would consider a head and separate cab set up.