The amp saga continues

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, May 24, 2002.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Okay, check this out...

Yesterday I took back the SVT-350 amp head to guitar center and tried some other amps. I really liked the Mesa/Boogie M-Pulse 600, so I bought it. I was getting an awsome crunchy growl with it through an SWR 4x10 cab. So I brought it home and turned some stuff down so as not to blow out any windows and I noticed a distorted buzzy noise when I played an open A really hard, or if I played an A on the seventh fret of the D string. Plus I seemed to get the same sound with some of the other higher octave notes, but not as much as the A's. I am playing through my Ampeg SVT410HLF and I tried adjusting the tweeter control on the back and it didn't do anything. I switched the battery in my bass, so that's not it either. The only thing that helps is to turn down the gain, but then I lose the tone. Why would it make the buzz through my cab but not the cab at guitar center?

2. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I say we take the amp AND your cab (AND your bass, too) back to GC and play the two cabs side by side. You will probably learn SOMEthing...
  3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    It may simply be a resonance in your room at home or something in the room resonating. I have some of those kind of problems if I play loud in my old farmhouse.