The Anniversary - Your Majesty

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Jun 21, 2002.

1. :eek:

ok, you guys need to listen to this album. i'm listening to it right now, and it is a pop masterpiece of beatlesesque magnitude. download "sweet marie" "the siren sings" or "crooked crown" if you can. it's kinda mellow stuff, with beautiful harmonies. adrianne pope is really the most important part of this group. she's a really tasteful synth player (she's matured a lot) and adds great female backing vocals a la the pixies.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I have "Designing a Nervous Breakdown" and it's one of my favorite albums. I was all psyched to see The Anniversary, and went to a show right before they released "Your Majesty".

Man, what a let down. They basically played the whole new album, and it was not like the first at all. I was very disappointed. I don't mind when bands change, but in my eyes, it was not for the better in this case.
  3. it is quite different, more mature in my opinion. i think you were just let down because you were expecting something different - you really should give the recording a chance, i think it's amazing.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    ill try to find the album on NMP3s on SA...

*wink* *wink*

you know what i mean :D
  5. hey, for your information, i DID go out and buy it because i liked it so much.
    :mad: :p
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i know you bought it... i actually never thought the contraire

also try finding that album down here in Mexico