1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The ANSWER Came to Me in a Dream....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by R Briere, Nov 3, 2013.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Since Returning to Active Duty here at TB a Short Time Ago I've Noticed that Many Questions Are Asked Repeatedly....and These ANSWERS May Help You in Your Quest to Become the Perfect Bassist.

#1. At the Age of 5 Years Take a Vow Never to Marry...as this will Severely Screw Up Your Never-Ending Need for More Gear.

#2. Ask NOBODY what you should buy for Gear because YOU are Smarter than all of us.....BUT...Having Said That,.... The Answers are:

A Fender P-Bass; a Fender J-Bass (it doesn't matter what year they were made--ignore all that weird stuff about one year being better than another. That only applies to Wine); a Music Man Bongo (when fully loaded it's THE Most Versatile Bass in the Galaxy and co-designed by BMW); A Music Man Sting Ray 5; A Vintage Ric and a NEW Ric; A Hofner (just cuz you'll never find true happiness without one); a Vintage Vox (Phantom or Teardop--it matters not, but a wide neck/ebony fingerboard); a NEW/Made in KOREA Danelectro Bass (didn't see that one coming did you? $400 and they're a Bass from Heaven).....and Finally....

Your Dream Bass. Personally I'm an MTD (M-agnificent T-one D-evice/Michael Tobias) kinda' guy......but there are MANY Dream Basses. Ask NOT what Woods to Get, etc. Your Heart and Your Builder will Help You. After all, it's YOUR Dream....not Ours. :)

Small Print: Your first Purchase should be a set of Straplocks (Essential) and a High Quality Cable that Costs about $150. (Begin Saving for those when you're 10 Years of age and have a Paper Route) Those Who Told you that you're NUTZ for buying a GREAT Cable may not hear a Difference cuz they're about 85 years old, are often nearly killed at Railroad Crossings...they Wear Depends, play BLACK basses ONLY... and they can't hear Squat.....but YOU can. :)

Finally: NEVER Loan your Bass to ANYONE.....Don't even let anyone else PLAY it! The stories of Doom and Gloom from Doing so are Endless.

There Ya' Go.......You're a Bass Player....the Highest Form of Human Life. Be Kind and Create a Musical Path for Others to Follow. :)

Bass-ically Yours,
    RB

Attached Files:

2. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Your answer is incorrect. The Correct answer is Spector /End

:bag:

3. Thanks so much for this, I giggled all the way through and nearly spit my drink on my keyboard with a belly laugh.

Love your sense of humor - and the Dalai Lama quote is priceless....

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net

4. How do you type like that? It makes my head hurt trying to read that.

5. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Here Ya go, Sam........Let me Know when the Pain Lets Up.

Attached Files: