The arsenal doubles...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PunkerTrav, Jun 7, 2004.

1. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    This weekend I was in the local Mother's and on the used rack I saw a '98 mexican fretless jazz. It's oympic white with a tort pickguard. I plugged it in and man it sounds great. turns out the previous owner put in basslines pickups. Not only that, the back is signed by John Pattituci.
    After I played it for a while I ws convinced I needed to buy it. So I did. I have been playign it non-stop since. I ouldn't be happier. At the band rehearsal it just sang in the mix. It mwahs and growls like mad.
    Sorry I don't have any pics as of yet, I don'thave a digital camera, but I will try to get someup as soon as possible.

Needless to say, I'm on cloud nine.
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Excellent! and congratulations on such a fine axe. I look forward to seeing the pics when you post them. How is the weight on that Jazz? I know mine was somewhat heavy but it sure played well.

3. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I've always found Mother's (in Calgary and Saskatoon) to be quite dissapointing as far as bass gear goes...

Oh well, awesome buy!
  4. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Thanks guys.
    It is pretty heavy. not exactly sur eof te weight btu its significantly heavier than my other bass (yamaha RBX260)

I agree that other than a few F Basses, Pedullas, and Ernie Balls, there isn't anythign special basswise at Mother's. They are probably the best store for acoustic guitars or drums in town though.

I'll work on pics.