The Ashdown five fifteen isn't a good amp, is it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazyman, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Hello,

I've read something about this amp, but then I saw the price (only about 250 €), so I cannot imagine, that this combo can sound good and warm. But I wanna know what you are thinking about this combo!
    Thank you!
  2. well, you really shouldn't judge things based on their price...i haven't played a that combo yet, but i have played other ashdown amps, and they all were capable of producing some really warm tones...
  3. You are better with an Electric Blue Combo from Ashdown. Not much more money
    but a lot more sound.

I have had the EB 112 150. It was nice and warm.
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    That ashdown line is the lowest that they do and I'd agree for the money try and pick up an electric blue, but that's only on the five fifteen.

The perfect ten and after eight I would imagine make really good bedroom practice amps, I'm actually concidering one of these for my practice amp and when I play with acoustic instruments. I've found that this line has got quite good reviews. I've never tried one myself but I will be going to play on a perfect 10 soon so I'll try a five fifteen while I'm there for you.

Toasted tried this combo and said they we're quite good, full of that ashdown tone. I think they might be cheaper than 250 euros they can be had here in the UK for £150 I think that might be a bit cheaper.

Hope this helps.
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, it was a nice combo. It had the "ashdown tone" and handled low B fine.

It didnt suffer from the "single note" bass amp. I could hear a discernable difference between a p-bass and a jazz bass that i tried. And in amps this cheap, that normally doesnt happen.
  6. Thank you for your answers. I think I should try it by myself, but that's a bit complicated, but that's another topic.
    So thank you, may be I focus on the eb as you said.