The Atheist Bass Player Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by pc, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveKirkpatrick

DaveKirkpatrick Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    West Virginia
    I caught that too. Interesting times.

2. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    I LOVE this beer!

3. "Waiter, there's some beer at the bottom of my glass of foam!"

or

"Waiter, can I get a straw with this? A really long, long straw?"

4. BrennP90

BrennP90

Jun 26, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was really glad also to hear Obama say that. Usually a politician would say something like "..christians, or any other faith,..."

5. I, as a Canadian am very happy with Obama. Now we can vote out our Conservative PM and get another Liberal.

Canada tends to follow the US, so Obama and his including of non-believers is a step in the right direction!

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Please don't make this thread political and get it closed :meh:

7. Someone posted a thread about your bass going to heaven so I posted this...

The other day my bass starts talking to me...

Bass (his name is Rusty)

Hey

Me

Holy Crap my bass can talk

Rusty (the bass guitar)

You know its been creeping me out the way you put your hands all over me

Me

Really?

Rusty (the bass guitar)

Its not that you are not gentle its when you eat bacon and It gets into the pores of my wood and I'm a Muslim

Me

Oh wow I'm really sorry

Rusty (the bass guitar)

Its cool, just wash your hands better

Me

So wow so you're a Muslim?

Rusty (the bass guitar)

No, not really I was just messing with you:D

8. HugoM

HugoM

Jul 3, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    I interpreted it the same way.

9. Hey everyone, I'm new here but I am an agnostic bassist. Mind if I join the club?

Peace,
    Greg

10. J.D.

J.D.

Jan 13, 2009
    Glen Mills, PA
    Wait, Canada has a con. PM?
    I thought he was a liberal...

11. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York

Not necessarily. Agnostic does not = atheist, despite the New Atheist's movement to try to equate the two.

12. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    As was explained a few times earlier in this thread, agnosticism is an attitude about the unattainability of knowledge, while atheism is absence of belief. This means that, properly understood, agnosticism is not a middle ground at all, but actually a view which is perfectly compatible with (though not the same as) absence of belief. If more clarification is necessary, try about.com....

13. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I'd have to believe that anyone who didn't just wanted to hear something else. It was clearly a line to include everyone under no bias. He's doen that before, to insinuate this was an afterthough doesn't really sound like they have been following BO for long.

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well, if you want to be included into a label, why not simply accept it? Why try to equate the two, when they're not the same by definition? Either way, you're still you... & thats ok!

15. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    I don't want to belabor the point... however one point I think is paramount is that 'atheist' means 'not theist' but does not necessarily equate to 'anti-theist'. That's an unfortunate error a lot of people make and an error which causes a lot of confusion. I don't believe in the Loch Ness monster, but I'm unwilling to claim that I'm certain that it doesn't exist....

16. I consider myself both an atheist AND an antitheist...I'm opposed to all religions.

17. I myself am an Antithesaurus. I don't believe in complex words and terms. Also, I eschew obsfucation.

18. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    You, sir, are no politician! Congratulations!

19. BigDH

BigDH

May 14, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great idea - count me in.

Why can't we all just enjoy life, treat others well and be in awe of the world around us without having to put it all down to a divine creator?

20. Please read the first page of the thread.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.