"The Awakening" Variants.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 3, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im trying to learn the wakening by Les Claypool and I need a few pointers, tips and reccomendations about some things.

A) Where are the proper tabs? I can find the one that has the fiirst few bars right but after 1:10 (1 minute 10 secs) they tabs are rendered useless. Has anyone got tabs for the full peice or at east know where they are?

B) If the tabs cannot be found/created, would it be a smart idea to just make up a few fills to take up 45 seconds of time until the harmonic riff comes along and the song starts winding down?

C) Does anyone have any little riffs that they dont want or a series of notes that can be played in succession to sound challenging and also sound good. Ill put these little "ditties" in from about 1:10 until the harmonic riff comes around again.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Take a listen to the original version by the Reddings.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I haven't played that song in a long time...but I usually just noodle around in G...incorporating G-E-F

or something like that...if that was any help whatso ever :D
  4. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I doubt you could find a correct tab for it. If you can, download a video of it. That helped me greatly in my Claypool phase.
  5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have kinda made uop my own thing, go from A (5th fret E string) then to B, then E, D, G going from 5th fret to 7th on each string, then going back down going D, B, E, A from 7th fret G string and hammering on 2 frets higher

I am but that takes AGES to download! :rolleyes: :D