Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Azolas are good folks

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ric426, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I just wanted to put in a good word for Steve and Jill Azola. I bought a used Azola Bubass II recently to save some transporting wear and tear on my acoustic upright, but when it arrived I found that the seam running up the center of the neck was starting to seperate along the glue line. To make a long story short, they said to send it out 'cuz they wanted to see what happened and would give me an estimate for repairs. It was a few weeks after the NAMM show and they were under a lot of pressure to get orders shipped, but they took the time to check the neck and let me know that it was definitely not from shipping damage, but was something that had occurred over a period of time, most likely from exposure to too much heat. I was surprised when Jill told me that they'd do the repair for no charge if I could wait a couple of weeks before they'd to have time to get to it. Jill called the other day to let me know that it was ready to ship back and that they'd just charge it on their UPS account and I can have the seller send a check for the shipping costs later. Got an email from her today to give me the tracking info and to tell me to save the shipping container in case I ever need it because they shipped it in all new packaging. All this for free on a used, out of warranty bass!
    I wish more companies had their level of customer service. They obviously realize that a kind gesture like theirs will pay off later when I'm ready to buy a new bass, and you can bet that it'll be an Azola.
    Thanks Jill and Steve!

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    If we are doing Steve and Jill stories.....
    Awhile back, I had a student with much promise
    and no money at all. I cut my teaching fee more
    than half but still had to give some lessons for free.
    I saw here that Steve Azola was selling some old
    pickups and parts. By the time I contacted him
    there were none left. When I told Jill and Steve
    about the situation with my student, they insisted
    on giving a new pickup to my student for free. I
    was really blown away by this wonderful gesture.
    These are very special people that deserve our
    support and respect. Its just an added bonus that
    they make one of the best lines of basses around.