1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The B-Dec 30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mshoveit, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Mshoveit

Mshoveit

Sep 7, 2008
    Highland CA
    Do you guys think the b-dec is worth the money?

Has anyone played through one....
    do they have a good sound?
    Do the effects work well?

:bassist:

2. mike_Ro11

mike_Ro11

Dec 17, 2007
    It was my first amp. Not the best sounding amp but its a good tool to learn with. The effects do work. As an amp alone its not great though.

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Good as a toy, but don't expect it to sound good.

4. Mshoveit

Mshoveit

Sep 7, 2008
    Highland CA
    Really I was really looking forward to that. what amp would you reccomend for about 400$'s that has some effects on it.

5. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    I like my B-Dec, especially the "lessons" that are included. I think it sounds pretty decent. I also have two Ampeg BA112s, an Ampeg 210-SP, and an Acoustic B20. I don't find the B-Dec inferior to those mentioned. My B-Dec30 was a great deal when Guitar Center had them for $99.00. Have you tried Line 6? They are nice. MY

6. mike_Ro11

mike_Ro11

Dec 17, 2007
    I got mine for 99 bucks at a GC sale too! Like I said earlier I didn't like the sound at all. It's a good learning tool.

7. For a practice and learning tool it is good - the effects and the Amp are somewhat noisy - nothing bad and you can't here it when you are playing. The Amp Modeling sounds good - have gotten some good sounds from and have used it as a pre when practicing at a louder Volume.

The Roland Bass 100 is nice - but it is gonna cost ya. Had effects. Amp Modeling and can get some volume.

8. I have a B-DEC and love it. You have it realize it is first and foremost a practice amp.
    If you're looking for a learning tool, you can't beat it.
    If you're looking for something to use in the band, it's probably
    not enough power.

It is:
    a combo speaker/amp,
    an effects box,
    backing tracks,
    MIDI synthesizer and
    loop recorder,
    and a great tuner.

One small box has everything you need.
    I don't see how one can't be impressed.
    However, it has its limitations. The primary
    one is that it is only 30 watts.

My boy had the G-DEC for his guitar. We liked that so much
    that I got the B-DEC for my bass.

It has a bunch of built-in tracks to play along with.
    And a bunch of effects and features. I particularly
    like the tempo creep feature where you can have
    it increase speed every time through a loop.
    A slow, easy song turns into a rock n' roll frenzy. :p

With the MIDI interface, you can play through it
    with computer programs that output MIDI (like
    Guitar Pro). There are a zillion tunes freely available
    online for Guitar Pro that you can play along with.

And it has audio inputs for your iPod or whatever.

9. Mshoveit

Mshoveit

Sep 7, 2008
    Highland CA
    Ok lets put it this way I really just care about perhaps having a wah effect and distortion. And mostly I want a great sound im planning on buying a Ibanez SRX700HS and I want it to sound great out of whatever amp i get.

and also B-decs are 400$ at guitar center right now.?

10. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    What time of year was this sale? I'm hoping to see them on sale again for this price. Thanks.

11. Yes, I do think that the B-dec is worth the money. Now, if you can get it for less that the average street price of $399.00, that would be better. At the time, I paid $329.00 new, then I saw it somewhere else for sale (very briefly) for $289.00. So it is possible to pay less for what I consider a real good practice tool. At 30 watts, I wouldn't use it for anything more that practicing and experimenting with sound. The effects are nice (some better than on my LD150). At a volume that is sufficient enough to hear, yet not enough to shake up my home.

12. Please don't forget it's a practice amp. I've seen so many posts that say (words to the effect of..) "my band couldn't hear me," or "not enough stage volume.." If you have an iPod, go download the Fender PodCast - that'll show you everything it does. Put it this way, I have mine in the bedroom and the wife can sleep through it...
    On the other hand, the backing tracks are fun, the tuner's integrated, the software's upgradable, and as was noted, you can download more midi files to play along with from the web.