The Baby Bergie & Amp Stand

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Aug 3, 2003.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This rig really sounds wonderful on the pictured amp stand. The elevation and tilt back not only eliminates any boominess but it adds greatly to articulation. It's also much easier to hear as it's aimed right at the ears. Small rooms only, of course. But a fine solution for my needs.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Carvin...the amp stand of choice!
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    :D LOL!

That's a very sweet little setup there boogiebass
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Hey Carl..nice bass!
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No doubt. And it was on sale. I picked up a music stand the same day I was down there!
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Very nice, dude! ;) Sweet, even.
  8. Yup, so is the green cable.... :cool:
  9. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Interesting thing on the cable. There was a guy who posted in the classifieds here named Butch. I forget his screen name. His post was immediately slammed because he was making a blatant pitch for his products. I got in touch with him and ordered two 20' Canare cables (1/red, 1/green) with Neutrik connectors (1/angled, 1/straight). The price was rock bottom when compared to high-end cables, $27 a piece. He shipped immediately and I had the cables two days after I Paypaled him. Great cables! Thanx, Butch! :cool:
  10. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    I'm using a single bergie...the stand is much cooler than a milk crate. What kind of rack case is that? It works well to have the front feet hook over the edge of the cab. I have my stuff in a roto style case now and it looks to bulky on top of the bergantino cabinet.

11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Obviously. But Butch's soldering was worth $4 to me. And no tax or shipping, either.
  12. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That's a 3 space Anvil, Bob. Works great.
  13. aladdin

Mar 7, 2003
    Chiba, Japan
    I guess I am lucky. In Japan (Canare country) I get to buy Canare cables for about $13.00 per
    5 meters. The GS-6 105 is the best sounding cable I have ever played. These cables are terminated using Canare connectors.

If you want to make your own, I have found that
    Canare connectors are hard to solder. Better to buy them terminated.

14. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Very cool, man. I also like Canare cable...a LOT. The Neutrik connectors are very good on them, too.