the back to school/college thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Aug 16, 2009.

1. i start class for the fall 2009 semester. just thought i would shout out and say that i am actually excited about going back :eek:partially because i get to return "home" and talk with other music geeks and people whom i can relate to. also im taking a recording studio class to learn my way around the sound board. this should be fun and it gives me an excuse to buy some home studio equipment, :hyper: and maybe a instrument or to:hyper::hyper:

excuse the poor grammar i plan on working on that this semester too. :bag:

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    1st semester in chemistry here, first class on sept. 8

3. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I move back to Boston Sept. 5th for round three of Behavioral Neuroscience.

Can't wait for organic chem. :hyper:

4. im excited for going back to school. (grade 11) not that im good at school. but the socialness about it will be nice

5. I'm starting the fall quarter at the end of September as well. Going to be doing more and more environmental science classes as the school year progresses. Hoping to have an AA by next year, and then my BS within the next two years after that.

Anyone else working full time and going to school as well? I've found it to be quite difficult to finish a degree in a timely matter and work at the same time. Being in a band slows things down a bit, too.

6. I'm going back to Mizzou in week for my senior year of college. I'm looking forward to getting this crap over with so I can move onto my career.

7. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    ah school

graduated 6/2008

started college 9/28/2008 and did 4 terms just finished the last one, 5th term and 2nd year starts 9/30/09

Its stressful , not really my cup of tea but i need a degree , i wnat a nice life and possesions. None of my friends are in school and i get jealous they have there own cars and places and i live at home but i will have alot better life in the long run.

getting a 2 year transferable degree in criminal justice so i can be a PO or something...........once i get the degree i will be living in LA trying to make it in music.......if i do i wont be using the degree if i dont hey the degree will be useful ;)

8. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    I graduated from college in May. This will be my first fall having not gone to school since i was 3 :bag:

9. I move to Vancouver in a couple weeks and start on the 8th.

10. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    I'm starting High School again on the 31st, I'm a junior. Taking ALL Ap courses except my 1 elective. My GPA is suffocating right now.:oops:

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I work at a university and our classes start a week from Monday on the 24th. During last week and this week, 27,000 students will hit town!

12. Going back to Rochester at the end of August for my second year at RIT as a Mechanical Engineering Student.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Band camp (I joined the marching band drumline) this past week and this next week. Classes the week after that. Majoring in DB Performance.

14. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    august 31st is day one. it cant come soon enough (im bored like a mofo). its the second semester of calculus. i took the first semester of this class six years ago, because i started at a private college and some stuff just wont transfer. wish me luck...

my advice: start taking classes at a community college whilst in highschool, and then go to community college, then transfer and graduate. i took a weird combo of that.

happy schoolings! may you own tests as much as me! (yeah, i dont care if im egotistic, im ****ing **** up test wise.)

15. Entering my senior year of college this year - finally. :D I'm excited about going back as well.

Assuming I don't have a(nother) meltdown this year I'll finally graduate in the spring. This will be my sixth year of college, and while I wish it didn't take this long I'm glad I've stuck through with it.

The reason it's taking me so long is because during my 3rd year of college I transferred to the University of Houston, where I partied way too much, studied too little, changed majors a few times, and generally wasted an entire year of my life. Since then, I've transferred to Univ of Houston's much smaller sister school where I'm doing much better. I went from a school of 35,000 students ( :eek: ) to a school with maybe 8,000, which I think is better suited for me.

One day I hope to attend grad school, but I'm not going to put the cart ahead of the horse right now. :)

16. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I start my first term of college next tuesday. BA in Economics.

17. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Returning to college to peruse my PhD in music. Using this semester to fill in some G.E. gaps and to brush up on my keyboard and composition skills. 13 units this semester starting the 24'th and 10 the following summer, all while working 20+ hours a week. Goodbye life.

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    So, can I join the club? I attended a different college with a major in engineering for a couple of years, before switching to the Uni to study natural science. It's also my sixth year in the world of higher education.

I'm hoping finally getting my BSc in Biosciences together this year. I have sort of mixed feelings about it, as I'm afraid I'll stress too much about it, and take too heavy courseload for the year to finish it all. It would be so easy to just keep on working in the summer job company and be financially stable. I suppose my brains just need a bit of pulling together, right now :)

19. I've not left . . .

Been working on my MSc this year, 50 week course. Finish on the 27th of September.

Starting my PhD (Physics) in October tho :bassist: , not bad for someone who's first degree was in Bio Chem!

20. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Our Drumlines anthem:

Needless to say, my weekends are set.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021