The BADASS Bass II Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Zirc, May 7, 2002.

1. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I recently bought a BADASS Bass II Bridge (for my MIM Jazz) and all I gotta say is...

Never in my life have I seen such a difference in sound quality by a $70 piece of hardware, jesus. Anyone who has a Jazz, get the bridge, NOW.

This bridge is such a huge step to getting that great growly $1200 stingray sound out of my $400 Jazz.

I'm so happy I can replicate the Anti-Flag stingray sound now!!!

(BTW, if you couldn't tell, I want a Stingray, but I'm poor and left-handed)
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Finally people are listening to my rants about how good Badass II bridges are. Buy one now.

That means YOU! :eek:
  3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Anyone have expierence w/ the P Bass bridge? I want one, but I want some opinions.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've been using the L.Q.Badass II bridge's since the early 80's,and yes they are truly worth it.
  5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i put a BadAss II on my MIM Fender Jazz.

one of THE TOP bridges around.

still, this MIM Jazz is a load.

wish i hadn't spent the money. the bridge is worthy of a better bass.

6. Are they worth the extra cash? I've been looking at the Badass II and some Gotoh bridges.
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    They're both good hunks of metal. If you want to string through the body, the Gotoh 206 has holes for this.
  8. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I put a BADASS II on a MIJ Jazz I used to own, and it took an average sounding bass and made it awesome sounding. It added tons of punch. I had more comments on the sound of that bass than any other I've ever had. But, then I put one on a cheap Yamaha RBX-250 with a Bartolini P pickup, and it made it sound WORSE! It seemed to accentuate the honk that was inherent in that bass. So I would recommend it on any bass that sounds good already, it will make it sound better. But if it doesn't sound good to start with, then it just might make it worse.
  9. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've got a Badass II on the white jazz shown in my avatar. best thing that ever did to that bass!!! Sounds Great.
  10. OK, now I'm really interested in getting one. Whats the best place to buy em at??
  11. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii

I haven't done a real good search of the net, but you can get them from for $75.
  12. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    That definitely looks like it; killer deal!
  13. whats the difference btwn the Bass I and Bass II?
  14. I beleive the Badass II was an update of the original design so you wouldn't have to drill any holes in order to install it on a standard P or J bass. I think the original had only 3 holes.
  15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Back when i only played fenders i bought them everytime i bought a bass! Tossed the crap the fender had on there! But i must say this for your own good! If you can dont get the black one! It doesnt take too long before the finesh comes off of it! Not sure about the others!
  16. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I had a Jazz with a black Badass II, and I didn't have any problems with the finish coming off. Maybe they had a bad batch.
  17. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
  18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Why the hell didn't I have the same results with my Gotoh bridge?!