1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

**The Bass Case Thread**

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fine Cut, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I got a hardcase for my Squier and when I bought the Ric it came in a hard case. The problem being the case takes up as much or more room than the axe. The cases are great for taking them out to a gig but when sitting around house I would rather have the basses more accessible. So I end up playing my acoustic hanging on the wall. Point is this...Does your jazz fit in the case the Pbass came with? if so just take whichever axe you want in that case...unless you want to take both. then never mind.

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I only buy tolex or tweed hardshell cases, the G&G type.

3. My hard shell didnt come with a strap, but Im in the process of attaching one to be hands free....to carry other stuff.

4. yea, the jazz does fit in the included case, actually better than the P bass does lol. for local bar gigs and wutnot, i'll probably do just that, and only take one; for bigger gigs however...fairs, conferences, comp., i'm gonna want both basses, hence my dihlemma

5. =1
    The hiscox is a fantastic case. After a flight from Hawaii to Canberra, Australia, my cheap Ibanez came out of the case in tune! These cases are not the most convenient and useful, but definitely the best at protecting your bass. I can jump on mine without it budging. (!)

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I only use my Mooradian gig bag though, love it...

For hardcases I like SKB cases, tough and not too expensive. The SKB44 with the new latches is pretty cool.The bass safe is also cool, although i have a traditional style flight case...

I've always thought these looked great - Not cheap though!!!

Aluminium cases from Zero Halliburton

[​IMG]

7. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
  8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I've always had hard cases for all my instruments. Maybe it's because my first guitar came with a cardboard one....

Right now I have three Fender Precisions: a '51 RI, a Classic '50s, and a fretless. The first two live in Fender tweed cases like the one pictured.
    Fender51Pincase.
    I had a Tribute L2K in a Musician's Friend tweed case, but the tweed was an outrageous bright yellow, and I traded it off. The fretless will get a Fender brown/gold plush case, once I catch up on expenses.

9. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    I use

[​IMG]

Light, nice, really solid, just drop your gig bag in and you're ready to go.

10. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    Anvil.

11. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Looks Good. What is it?