1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Cheat Sheet

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by GeezerFleaWoote, Jul 19, 2007.

1. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    does anyone remember that thing? is there any way to still get it? the links for it don't work anymore...:crying:

2. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    so... anyone?

3. Yes, I remember it. There was a 4 and 5 string version.

The author is Ryan James:

http://www.ryanjames.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/ryanjamesmusic

The website on floodcity is no more and I can't find a link to the PDF's you need to view it.

There is a discussion on Sputnikmusic about it too, but these link to the dead URL as well.

4. thatguy5623

thatguy5623

Jun 21, 2006
  5. this is great, thanks

6. Thanks. My kids are gonna love this.

7. TheBassBetween

TheBassBetween

Jun 25, 2005
    Wow, this looks great. Gonna give this a solid read tonight!

8. Really nice!
    Thank you!

9. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    wow that is awesome, thank you!

10. Don't mind me asking, but what's the bass cheat sheet?

11. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Can anyone help explain the first pdf? Which fret do those patterns start on? The first?
    Thanks.

12. they work on every position.
    for example if you want to use pattern 1 for an E major scale put your index on fret 4 and pinky on fret 7. if you want an D major scale use 2,3,4,5.

13. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    Reviving a dead thread here?

I'm looking for the 5 string version

:-D

14. Cameronj

Cameronj

Jan 26, 2009
    Kaysville UT
    That is some nice work he did on that stuff. I might have to make another poster to incorporate some of this stuff too. :)

15. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    downloading, thanks !

16. Another person here looking for the 5 string version too.

17. afromoose

afromoose Guest

I have a system that is even simpler than this and takes up one diagram and shows you every mode. And with two small alterations, shows you every mode in every parent scale. Now that's a cheat sheet.

18. the link doen't work for me:crying:
    can anyone re-post it here?

19. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    So post it.

20. afromoose

afromoose Guest

okay hang on..

aV1Gu90J.

There it is

I can use this to get me any pattern and I don't have to learn little boxes I can just go up and down frets or strings and always know where I am.

Works for me..

By the way, you can get all four parent scales really easy - if you flatten Phi (i call it Phu) then you have melodic minor modes. If you flatten Ae (I call it Oo) then you have the harmonic major modes. If you flatten Phi and Ae, (I call them Phu and Oo) then you have the harmonic minor modes. I can either put these extras on one diagram, or make four separate charts. In any case with one chart I can show the patterns for 28 modes in 4 parent scales.