Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Bass Collective

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Indi86, Mar 29, 2005.

1. So I'm looking around at various programs and remember reading an ad for the Bass Collective in BP magazine. On their website they list their "5-day intensive" program, and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the bass collective. Is it worth the money paid? What do they mean by "intermediate" level?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    General Instruction.

A search might dig something up too.

3. Yeah i was wondering where to put it, but after searching I didn't really find anything of much use. It seems the question went unanswered a couple times in the past.

4. Indi86, i attended The Collective for the 1 week intensive last year and imo it was'nt worth it.

That week is used to 'introduce' you to styles that will be studied, that is, if you decide to study their full time, which is very costly.

The Collective is a very drummer oriented school and is cool for camraderie, but that money could be better spent with a private teacher, imo, of course.

5. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    A drummer friend of mine took 2 consecutive 10 week courses.

Its definatly a drummers school. He said the bassists that they had to work with for the most part sucked. There were a few exceptions however.

I went there for a recording session once & was not impressed by the staff. I'm sure they are all great players, but that holier than thou attitude gets old real fast.