1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Company 5MM

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Positively, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Positively

Positively

Aug 8, 2006
    I bought a Bass Company 5MM, and I loved it. Loved it, that is, until it up and stopped working on me.

It has hardly any mileage on it. But I started playing it more and more regularly. Suddenly, one day, when I plugged it in and turned up the amp, nothing came through.

At first I thought it was the battery in the on-board amp. I thought I had left it plugged in one day after playing it, and someone told me that simply being plugged in can drain the battery.

So I replaced it with a new one. I tried the old one, and it still seemed to have charge, but went with a new one anyways.

Still nothing coming through the amp when I plug it in. I tried the passive and active inputs.

One last thing: I did get some very low volume sound out of heavy strumming of the B string.

I thought it may be a simple wire that came loose. But I almost never mess around with the interior of my basses. Just don't have the technical know-how for it.

Any ideas? Any similar problems with one of these basses?

Thanks in advance.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Check that the cable isn't shot and that the amp isn't broken. Plug in with a different cord, then try a different instrument to determine if it is the amp. Buy a new cord anyway, it's always good to have a backup around.

No advice if you don't have the know how other than take it to a reputable repair shop.