1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Company AP500M

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iriegnome, Oct 27, 2006.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I finally got ahold of Jack and placed my order. A AP-500M, single Music Man Pick up Swamp Ash Semi-Hollow body bass. Black Cherry Pick Guard and if they could find one and maple fretboard!!! It should be here next week. I cannot wait!!! This bass sounds awesome and light, something my doctor will be happy about.
    I am a little leary about going to a semihollow bass, but I am sure my system can make up for anything I cannot hear in the bass.
    Pic's will follow!! Anyone else have a TBC bass? Give me your comments.
    Did you loose anything from a solid body to the semihollow? If yes, How did you compensate for it on stage and with the PA?

2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I have a AP-400M (4-string version) and there is nothing I have to compensate for. This bass has a tight fat low end and punchy highs. It is a slap monster. This really is not a "semihollow" bass, it is chambered, and only a small part of the bass (upper rear part of the body...see photo). But it is enough to make it a light weight bass and give it a lively tone.

I was using mine last night at a jam and another bass player comment on how fat and tight it sounded. I think you will be pleased....:D

Attached Files:

3. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    We just played a 5-1/2 hour show on saturday night. Daylight savings time is a bitch. My back was hurting something fierce.
    I should be getting the bass this week sometime. I am so much looking forward to it.

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    It's not really a semi-hollow, that implies something different. This is a chambered body. There's nothing you need to deal with PA-setup-wise with a chambered bass, it's not like you'll get accoustic type feedback or anything.

I find that chambered basses have better harmonics over the fundamental, giving the bass a sound that covers the frequency band better than, say, a solid-body P-bass.

5. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Other than the obvious, what types of frequencies do I need to worry about with this? I am used to solid body basses and my amp is set up for my EBMM5, which has to change anyway.

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    I meant it when I said I don't think you'll need to worry about anything in particular. Treat it like a solid body unless you find something that causes you aural hardship.

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    My neck and back are so much looking forward to this new bass! The guys over at TBC are great to talk with as well.

8. braken

braken

Feb 1, 2006
    What is the correct number to contact them please. as i purchased 2 of ebay about 10 days ago, after recieving an email from darryl saying they can ship to Australia. But am waiting on a shipping cost. tried ringing the numbers listed (keep getting told numbers are not listed)and sending emails but they just wont reply back:crying: ???

9. Wayauste

Wayauste

May 17, 2006
    St. Louis MO
    I was able to reach Jack on the number listed in the eBay auction. 562.698.1656 I left a message on the answering machine and he returned my call within 8 hours. He was very helpful and wanted to make sure I was happy with my purchase.

10. braken

braken

Feb 1, 2006
    Thanks for that. i'll give that one ago..

11. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Watch the time difference. They are located in LA California.
    I caught myself calling him at stupid times because I am in the central time zone. :rolleyes:

12. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    It should be here today :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

13. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    and so?

14. OXploiter

OXploiter

Aug 1, 2006
    I psoted this on the TBC main thread, but I'll have a go at it here as well..

About two weeks ago I bought one of the "M" series basses from Ebay, and I called Jack to make sure that shipping will be okay. We chatted a bit about what he wants to add to the basses in the future, about variety vs. quantity, and other things.

I haven't called him again since then, but I haven't received a tracking number or anything from him. I know that other people have also recently purchased his latest batch of basses off Ebay - has Jack (or anyone else) contacted you yet or provided you with a tracking number?

15. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Still no bass here :bawl: I called and left him a message. I think he was out of town this last week. Also, he had some problem with his back. Not to serious, but enough for him to not be able to work. I am waiting until 10am this morning (central 8am his time) I am going to hit him up for that tracking number. We have 6 shows this month and I want to play that bass. I need at least one practice with it.

16. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I got a tracking number!!! This sucks! I have to wait until Friday to get the bass. The suspense is killing me!:hyper: :hyper:

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021