'The Bass Company' basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by orca, Jan 26, 2005.

1. orca

Jul 11, 2004
    Greetings all,
    I saw a full page ad for these in last month's BP, and found their web site: www.thebasscompany.com Has anyone played them or know anything about them. I sure do think they look real purty.
  2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Nope...I've seen the ads but until you just put that link in this thread the website wasn't up every time I went to look at it.
    Thanks...will check it out!
  3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Still not much up on the website yet. I can't say that I'm all that thrilled with the headstock shapes.

No pricing info either so that's a big factor.
  4. rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    After some looking at the bass company site I found out who now makes TBC basses. http://www.thebasscompany.com/factory-photos/factory-15.jpg http://www.thebasscompany.com/factory-photos/factory-7.jpg

Gosh will there ever be an end to it?? Within the next 20 years thanx to walmart and the countless people who get and buy goods from the east, our country will become too dependent on other people for our goods and we will have absolutely nothing, either made, unique, or special to the U.S.A. Gee whiz.
  5. I don't think Marx had this in mind when he penned manifest of the communist party or one of several versions of das kapital :) On topic though, I'd like to see a review of these basses somewhere, they actually look pretty nice, i'd like to hear one.
  6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    I don't care where a bass is made as long as it's a good instrument. Some of you people need to either wake up or grow up....not sure which.
  7. Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    Exactly! Anyprice on them yet?
  8. jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
  9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, I like that one too. Although the pickguard is a little odd - with three controls on the pickguard, two on the body.
  10. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish

I gotta agree with this... I mean yeah a good instrument is a good instrument, but in general when possible it definitely has merit to support our own.
  11. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm not too sure where some of you are coming from here. Those basses look to be handcrafted in the photographs. I thought the major issue with cheap MASS MANUFACTURED goods was that they're not given the love and attention to detail that a handcrafted instrument is afforded. What's the problem guys?

-nice looking basses indeed.
  12. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I have an older 5 string TBC that was manufactured in Caly-forny-ya. Has MM pups. I think its very nice. Later I believe they partnered with Lightwave for pups or something.
  13. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Looks nice, but the big questions? How much and how does it sound? Luckily there are quite a few really good basses at any price range. Country of origin shouldn't matter
  14. rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    I guess the reason I got so riled up and posted the links is that I saw a special on walmart and the China trade the other night. It showed the ports at California and talked about how we ship our raw materials off and get goods then. It was just scary how much stuff is outsourced. It showed a major american factory, worked about two generations of town folk, only to be closed and a new walmart going up right next door to it. I guess its none of my business how trade practices go on.
  15. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    That's what I'd like to know!

And Steve is bang-on, anyone can build a quality instrument given the right materials and training.
  16. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    It's interesting how quick people attack you on here for purchasing things made in your own country... Despite the fact that a lot of these instruments might indeed be finely crafted, or perhaps even great instruments... Feels good to be supporting companies who choose to keep things local. And keep the $$ here.
  17. tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    what is French polished? (one of the specs)
  18. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I do like this Bass as well. Very nice looking instrument.

It does however remind me of the pilot body style.

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000