1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Company...gone??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by splitcoilsenior, Apr 29, 2010.

1. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I apologize if this has already been discused, but is The Bass Company (TBC) gone or out of business? A google search found nothing, and all links connected to their site just showed up as an ERROR.

Anyone have any info as to what happened?

2. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I did a search and came up with....."thebasscompany.com has expired on 4-5-2010 and is pending renewal or deletion". Sounds like their domain name expired......never heard of that happening before. They could be out of business.

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Been quite a few threads mentioning them lately (search "TBC"). I briefly looked through them, but didn't find any references to them closing up shop.

4. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I didn't see that :help:

5. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

I sure hope not...I loves my TBC's

6. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I went to thebasscompany.com and up came a page with a Network Solutions logo on the top and right under that was the sentence I typed above.

7. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Oh, for some reason I always assumed I had the site name wrong lol

8. failuresXbass

failuresXbass

Jul 19, 2006
    SoCal
    i believe they did call it a day. I recall some threads on here regarding that.

9. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    No, they are not gone. Jack Wilson's had to take a hiatus due to some health problems, but he is chomping at the bit to get back in the shop. I spoke to him last a couple of weeks ago.

10. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    If they come back up, I'll save up for a P/J. Does anyone have a PJ by them?

11. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    It seems like this exact same thing happened last year...the domain name expiring and all...I hope not though...

12. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    Quite possibly. The site is back up now, though.