Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Bass Company or Spector Legend?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StarMountainKid, Feb 7, 2006.

1. StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    I need a 4-string fretted bass to supplement my LightWave fretless, which I love. I've heard good things about The Bass Company basses and Spector Legends. They're both in my price range, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can't comment on TBC Basses, they look fantastic overall, but I do own a Spector Legend 4 and it is awesome!!! Incredible slap tone and the EMG pickups are really my kinda tone. I just love the thing and I highly recommend one. Really a great bass for the money IMO.

3. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    I really love my new TBC single M, and the price was definitely right since it was a B-stock.
    Never played a Spector, so consider this an offset of grey goose's comment. :D

4. StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    Guess I'll have to buy one of each...now there's an idea!

5. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    The Legend is great. I own one myself and can't think of a single bad thing about it.

6. rdhbass

rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    its like choosing apples and apples...they are both made in the far east, one korea, one china.

7. I've played a friend of mines Legend... really outstanding instrument for the cash.