1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD The Bass Company (TBC) JJ400 Active Jazz Bass - light, inexpensive, plays great!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rb1, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    You may have seen another bass I'm trying to sell on TB right now, due to a sudden need for cash. Today I visited a music store and played several basses and (this will come as a surprise to no one) now I'm GASsing for another bass! Needless to say, something's got to sell before that's going to happen! So...

For Sale: A great little JJ400 Active Jazz bass by TBC, The Bass Company. Only $250, plus shipping.

IMG_0072.
    IMG_0071.
    IMG_0074.

This bass is very light, less than 8 pounds. And it plays and sounds better than several basses I've owned that cost more than twice the price. In fact, before I bought my Fodera Monarch, I played this more often than any of my other basses. Now it's just too hard to put down that Fodera to pick up the TBC, so it's gotta go!

This one was hand-crafted in China and passed inspection on 9-11-06 according to the Certificate of Origin. People say the TBC basses made in China are more reliable than the ones made in the US, but I don't know. However, this one has no issues, other than needing new strings sometime soon.

It comes with a great gig bag which has two large pockets for accessories, and shoulder straps on the back (not visible in the picture), plus the usual handle on the side (also not visible in the picture), plus an extra handle just above the pocket!

IMG_0070.

Specs:
    • 4 strings
    • 22 frets
    • Jazz neck, 1 - 1/2" wide at the nut
    • 18 mm string spacing at the bridge
    • String-thru-body bridge
    • 2 Jazz pickups
    • Active EQ with Volume, PU Pan, Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs.
    I will ship this great deal of a bass anywhere in the continental US. I prefer PayPal, but other payment methods may be possible.

2. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    When I posted this last night, I forgot that TB won't let you search for three letter words, so I've just edited the listing to use "The Bass Company" in addition to "TBC".

This would make a great starter bass for someone. The low action Jazz neck makes it really easy to play. Anyone got kids who'd like their own bass? :bassist:

3. TFM53

TFM53

Oct 16, 2008
    Iowa
    Pm'd

4. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    PM replied... but not sold yet.

5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Bump for the best bargain available in a used bass IMO. I picked up a used TBC 5er and was stunned by the quality/price ratio.

6. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the boost!

7. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    How about another TBC bump! Love my AP500M! New DR Lowriders just killing me right now. LOVE it!

Whoever gets this one will enjoy it!

8. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    PM Sent

9. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    Thought this one was gone? Must have been smokin the wrong cigar last night. lol Beautiful bass that I wish I could buy.

10. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Someone sent me a PM indicating he was interested, but he never sent me any money or any other communication, so you probably weren't smokin' the wrong "cigar"... I deleted the "sale pending".

11. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    ... and now I'm adding it back again!

Sale pending ... to GassieBall (not the original guy).

12. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Gassie...I am sure you will enjoy it. I am loving mine that I just got in a trade...easy to play, great sound, etc...

13. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Sold! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.