1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Company vs. G&L Tribute, anyone have both?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So the G & L bug has bitten me once again. When I found my TBC Ap400 MM I was about to buy a Tribute L2000. So lately after getting back on line after a long absence...I find myself looking at Tributes once again. So...has or anyone have both to hear a comparison. I've played a Tribute once befoer but only in a lil shop on a crap amp. I love my TBC.,,but you know how it is.

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I have G&L Tribute L2500 and the bass is amazing. Try one on and you will see why they are good for the money. I think they are underrated instrument, they cheap compare to US G&L but they don't sound cheap at all. No need to change pickup or electronic since they use the same ones like the US made one.

I will flat everything on the amp and the bass when trying the bass to see do you like the natural sound. I personally think they bass is great when plug in and flat all EQ. You only need to make small adjustment on the EQ to get the sound you wanted and also the bass cut in the mix nicely too without too much trouble.