The Bass Company

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JimM, Jan 18, 2002.

1. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    They are in Southern Ca,I think,and make very pretty pickguardless MM copies.Also speaker cabs etc.Has anyone spent any time playing one ?
    They offer lots of colors and woods,and are less expensive than EBs,but how do they stand up to the test of tone ?
  2. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    I'm sorry, I've never heard of them, but I did have to make a comment:

""He is no fool...
    Who gives what he cannot keep,
    to gain what he cannot lose." -James Elliott

And James lived it and proved it.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I saw an interesting 210 cab in a music store in the Seattle area a few years back. It had a horn and finished wood trim on the front. Nice. Never saw another one. I've seen info on their basses.
  4. so.. if they make MusicMan copies.. how much do they charge for a sterling ?

and do they also make copies of the slinkies strings ?
  5. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    It may have been misleading to call them "copies",The basses have MM style pickups in the sweetspot position.they don't really look like MMs without the pickguards and with the exotic colors,purple and green,for example.I'm just curious because I really want to find a five string that I'll like,and can't seem to find one.I even strung my '76 jazz BEAD,but didn't like that either.Only the pedulla came close,but 2K is a lot of money just to reach a couple more notes.