1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The bass gods smiled on me today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    I've been posting in this forum for about a week trying to get advice on buying a new bass amp and basically ended up being more confused than ever.

I walk into guitar center today and they have a pristine used SVT 3PRO and Ampeg 4 X 10 that some dude used for 3 months at a church gig. I walked out for less than a grand.

I can't believe how awesome this amp sounds compared to my last one. My band is going to love me. Anyways, thanks to everybody who helped me out... ROCK!!!

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Ooooh, I like the sound of that.

Pics or no exist, tis the rule for every fool.

3. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I toured with that rig for a while. The tone of the 3 pro through a 410 does indeed rock. Godspeed, you new Ampeg brother!

4. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    It's still in my car but I have a show tonight. I'll post some pics of the rig in action tomorrow! Thanks guys! :bassist:

5. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    That was a good rig for me for a number of years. I replaced the Ampeg with an Eden 410. That changed my life.

6. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Yeah, that sounds legendary.