1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale The Bass Monkey collection is for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Price:
    Varies
    Strings:
    As some of you may know, a decision has been made to sell off most of the fabulous Bass Monkey collection of vintage American plywood basses. Wendy has given me permission to help her sell them off.

The instruments that are available range from a beautifully restored American Standard for $4500 through rough around the edges Kings, Kays, and Epiphones in the $1,000 to $1,500 range to a vintage Engelhardt body for $200.

If anyone is interested, please PM me your email address and I will forward you an Excel spreadsheet showing what is for sale, her price, links to photos and other details.

Pickup at point of sale is encouraged but I am told delivery options are available at buyer's expense.

Gtdeak likes this.
  2. Gtdeak

Gtdeak

Jul 3, 2014
    Not sure how to pm you.I am new to this site but may be interested in some of these basses.

3. Click on my username and then, in the box that will pop up, click on Start a Conversation.

4. MollyKay

MollyKay

Sep 10, 2006
    Southern PA
    Bass Hobby'ist
    Hello all,

Little by little basses are being sold. Marshall Wilborn got first pick on Tuesday and took home a prize Epiphone B2.

I made these videos last evening to promote sales. Feel free to pass the links along to fellow bass players. I have three weeks left to downsize before I must return to work.

The bass community continues to be awesome with support and getting the word out.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

5. Dang! I wish ...
    A) I was in your neck of the woods;
    B) I had money to burn on an Epiphone!
    C) The sale is for all the right reasons;
    D) You have a great sale!

6. riverbum

riverbum

Feb 14, 2008
    tallassee, al
    i haven't been on this board in a long time, but i am sorry to see you are selling all those nice basses. hopefully, they will find good homes

7. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Hi Molly-
    Good luck with the sale - should have no problem. Wish I could help out, but a little strapped at the moment.

8. Molly, what is the price on Amos and Nellie Kay [Cain?]? I couldn't read the stickies and I don't think you mentioned the prices in the vids.

9. Scotty, PM me your email and I'll send you the spreadsheet.