the bass of my dreams, CHECK IT OUT!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luisnovelo, Aug 30, 2003.

1. I was had been reading some complex texts about phylosophy and architecture theories after posting in the What BASS do YOU want? and I couldn't stop thinking of the ideal bass I would like to posess (sp?)..

wOK.. I started playing with corel photopaint and made this in an hour.. with some cad drawings I had done before.
    Here it is..

- Padauk body.
    - Five piece bubinga/wenge/bubinga/wenge/bubinga asymetrical profile neck.
    - bolt-on maybe, (but with the neck joint located from very deep into the body, beneath where the neck PU'p would be, so that it doesn't obstruct the access in the back of the higher side of the neck.)
    - partially lined fretless cocobolo fingerboard.. (im not sure if it is good for fretless fb's, so It could be also wenge or bocote(a.k.a. morado))
    - 35" scale.
    - 1 soapbar PUp @ bridge.
    - Ibanez monorail II bridges with piezos
    - medium string spacing (18 mm aprox)
    - dual concentric knob for Volumne and pickup/piezo blend.
    - 18 volt 3 band eq with variable mid range (Ibanez varimid III ) 1 dual concentric knob for mid freq. selector and mid boost/cut and another of the same stacked knob for bass and treble boost/cut.
    - another knob piezo tone.
    - black chrome hardware.

I shall keep on dreamming :p[​IMG]
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That would make a beautiful bass. I'd go with a neck-through if you're going to have the fingerboard extend that deep into the body though.

And I know that Jack Read says cocobolo works fine as a fretless board.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    that looks like a wishy bass...hhmm and it would be cheap!!!

just supply the hardware....and templates for the pups

and you shouldn't have a problem

4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Sweet bass :) To me it looks like a cross between an MTD for the headstock (or am I way off?), a Warwick Corvette Standard for the top strap horn and a Cort Curbow for the rest of the body.

But thats just how I am seeing it :)
  5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Nice bass. BTW morado is the same a pau ferro; bocote is a different wood.
  6. thanks for the compliments!!(especially the "wishy" one :meh: )

WEll.. Your right pilotjones.. I had a picture in my materials folder of morado that looked a lot more to bocote than pau ferro.. But.. you're right on that. thanks.