Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The bass on the cover of the "Bass Gear" magizine.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LWatford, Jan 3, 2002.

1. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    What kind of bass is that on the cover of Bass Player's Bass Gear issue? Can anyone give me any information about it?

Thanks

2. It's an NS Design/Bolin Guitars bass. As the name implies, it's a joint effort between Ned Steinberger and John Bolin. You can find out more about the bass HERE.

I think it looks very cool, and having played a couple of the NS Design electric upright basses, I imagine that this bass sounds as intriguing as it looks. The list price for the 5 is $2800, but I am curious to see what the "street" price is. I would certainly love to get my hands onto one of these basses....

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Danny hits it out of the park!!!

Yup, that's an NS Design/Bolin Guitars 5 string. I've been dying to get my hands on one myself for a year now. As an owner of an NS Design EUB, if this thing is even close to as good as my EUB, it's a killer. Looks cool too! :D One of the great disappointments of my inability to make the trip to NAMM this month, I had been planning on spending an inordinate amount of time at the NS booth pawing one of these basses ;).

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Gard, I'll do enough pawwing for the both of us! ;)

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    (shaking fist violently in Woodchuck's direction)

DARN YOU WOODCHUCK, DARN YOU TO HECK!!!!

:p

;)

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    is that little hook the strap button? that doesnt look safe at all.
    :edit: 300 posts, wahoo!

7. ::poof::

Hi, I'm Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light. Did someone say "heck?"

Actually, that looks like a really cool bass. I've always like that open-headstock, and the body has that cool off-sided Les Paul shape to it. Sounds very nice.

Rock on
    Eric

8. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Thanks guys. Someone that gets to play one tell us about it when you get the chance.