1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bass Player - Kids in the Hall

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by marklaforest, May 19, 2011.

1. marklaforest

marklaforest

Feb 5, 2010
    Ottawa
  2. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes

Jan 2, 2009
    I remember that skit. They were a very talented group of young comedians.

Thanks for sharing.

3. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    Haha I loved this show!

4. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    I've seen that,
    funny how true it is.:D

5. I used to hear that one all the time...no surprise given that when they were active in the early 90s matched up with when I was active playing in a band, *and* all my bandmates were huge Kids In The Hall fans. Thanks for the fun reminder!

6. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Oh yes, this was my heyday, took some guff at practice for this, but considering I was more talented then anyone else in the band, it did not phase me.

7. "Aren't we all bass players here?"

In this case, yes.

8. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I just thought of this while driving to work this morning. Stoked to see someone already posted it!

9. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    This was one of the greatest shows to ever be on TV. I loved this skit. Never a bad episode. Anyone see Braincandy or Death Comes to Town?

10. This show was my shiz back in the day. And I always dug the pick tone from the theme song too.

11. Memories of a great sketch/song. KITH were and are still my favorite comedy troupe.

I think TB members just might be able to play the bass solo if we practice it for hours. :)

12. mooreon131

mooreon131

Mar 16, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    That was the least funny comedy bit this side of modern day saturday nigh live. Don't think I have sour grapes because I was offended by the bass jokes. (I mean, I am in the bass humor section after all) but that was just not funny. I don't get the appeal.

13. Just as people have their favorite and hated foods, Comedy is also in the eyes/ears of the beholder. I suppose one person's laughter is another's torment.

I don't worry about it. I'm used to it because most of my favorite movies I like are routinely trashed by critics. And conversely, most of the movies which critics give rave reviews are normally uninteresting or disappointing to me.

14. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Man, I miss that show. Classic!

The Doctor: