the bass salesman at the paramus nj sam ash i pitty him

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by punkbassist, Dec 28, 2001.

1. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    I was in there just to look at musicmans today. I had enough money for one. The guy said to me i didn't want a musicman. He told me i had wanted a warwick. Which i know i didn't want. I was playing around with the sterling. He pulls the bass out of my hands and he said. No way you want that bass. He picks up a warwick with emg's in and said you have to get EMG's(and i hate active electronics). I said i dont want to. He said o come on its alot better than the musicman actives. I said to him "dude i dont like emg pickups, i just want a bass that has a pre-amp in it" that shut him up. For you guys that know he sits there plucking away faster than a care in the indy 500 goes. He said to me see how i can play this warwick fast? Thats great that he can play that fast. That stuff dont impress me. It just impresses men with no musical knowledge. as you notice i said men not men and women. I bet he has never played a gig. I pity that guy. shows that im never going to that store anymore. Especially i work at a musicstore. But we dont sell musicmans. We only sell ibanez, fender, and hartkes. Anyone know about this guy? dont you agree about how much of an ass he is?
  2. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Yes........from what you described....he was an ASS!!!!!!

All to often, sales people forget to listen ....

I have purchased equipment from that very same store.......and understand fully the lack of decent customer service available .....

You can do much better !!!

3. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    im a sales rep at my towns store. I listen. Even though we have such a little selection on basses. But i listen, whatever they want, no matter how much i think it sucks. Its their money, if they wanna kick them selves a week later its their fault.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    More of a Misc. topic I think.

(man, I use that forum to dump a lot of stuff I don't think belongs here;) :p )
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    never been to a sam ash,but dont stop going there just because that guy...tell the manager!get him fired or at least warned.go buy yourself a musicman!there better than warwicks...atleast for punk.
  6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    If you hate active electronics, why do you want a bass with a preamp? ;)

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Dear Punk,
    If you really wanted to get under his skin you should have grabbed that Warwick and randomly detuned all the strings to unknown origins & cranked out on 11 to "Dueling Banjos" & when your finished tell him it's not what your looking for, LOL!!! Anyway, if you want to talk to "Real" people with killer bass', go to N.J. Bass & Guitar, 732-225-4444. Talk to Jay & tell 'em Satan sent 'ya. Oh yeah, he has Lakelands & MusicMans on the premises along with tons of other high-end gear.

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I LOVE THAT!!!!

I've gotta try that one sometime. Anytime I get around a pure butt for a salesman, I'm gonna do it:D
  9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    when hes not looking make some strings really loose and some really tight and say "dude,what the hell is up with this bass!" and let him try to tune it,and he cant,that would be a laugh.:p
  10. I run the bass dept. in a music store, and I would be mortified if I ever gave a customer any vibes like that.